Saturday, January 11, 2014

Turkey Spinach Meatballs with homemade sauce

http://reallymythirties.blogspot.com/2013/05/turkey-spinach-meatballs.html

Above link is to the turkey spinach meatballs

I make my own pasta sauce (I figure healthier for you, less sugar, etc..) If you do buy canned sauce try to find something low sugar if possible.

I cut up mushrooms & dice an onion (Both fresh but you could do canned/frozen) and sautee over medium heat. You can also add diced carrots, zucchini, celery, whatever veggies you make like!I add diced tomato (Again I do fresh but you can do canned),  a can of tomato sauce, and a small can of tomato paste.. You can season however you like. I typically use garlic powder, pinch of salt & pepper, onion powder, and basil...

Allow to simmer on low heat until warm throughout and veggies aren't hard.

I serve with whole wheat angel hair pasta or veggie pasta.. You can also use spaghetti squash for a low carb option.

No comments:

Post a Comment