Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cleaning the never ending cycle....

If your house is anything like mine sometimes you wonder if you are living with human babies or pigs!   Cleaning is where my OCD tends to rear its ugly head.. I tend to be a little bit of a neat freak!  I want my house to look presentable at all times after all you never know when someone might drop by (not that this ever happens but you never know)... I refuse to spend my entire weekend cleaning.. Who wants to do this after working all day? Not me I want to spend time with my kiddos.  I found something on Pinterest that I tailored to our family.. It really does make all the difference in the world... I am 1 of those moms who a lot of moms will talk about and that is fine because I do make my kids do chores... Figure it teaches them a little about responsibility. No I don't give them allowance I figure I pay somewhere around oh I don't know a few hundred dollars a month on them anyway.  So our schedule looks like this:

Daily Mornings:
  • Everyone makes their own beds (not that this always happens, I am gone when they wake up)
  • Put laundry in washer/dryer (Mommy or Daddy)
  • Wipe down the bathroom counter & sink out after you use it
Daily Night:
  • 15 minute clean up: Bedrooms & Living room gets cleaned
  • Playroom gets cleaned up
  • Quick sweep on the kitchen & living room
  • Fold laundry (Each child puts up their own I don't fold theirs at all)
  • Kitchen cleanup after dinner & trash outside if needed
Weekly:
Monday: Kid's clean their bathroom & I clean ours
Tuesday: Dust the entire house
Wednesday: Vacuum bedrooms
Thursday: Mop
Friday: Free day
Saturday: clean out fridge; grocery store
Sunday: swing day (in between church)

Swing days are sheets, microwave, fans, baseboards .. What ever is needed.. I alternate choirs only doing 1 of 2 swing choirs. Today I cleaned out our closet, the hallway closet (I finally parted with the 20 bottles of shampoo that only had a little left), and under our sink (again got rid of makeup products, etc.. that I tend to hang on to because you never know if you are going to need it)

My philosophy is I would rather spend 20-30 minutes daily rather than all day on the weekend.. Our weekends are reserved for movie watching, zoo, playtime outside, etc... Would love to hear if anyone has any ideas that work for their family that I am not thinking about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment